Functional Movement Programs:
- Based on real-world situation bio-mechanics
- Involves balance, multi-joint and multi-planar movements
- Involves using the core muscles and innervates the central nervous system
- Incorporates as many variables as possible rather than isolating them independently
- Decreases the focus on muscle load, increases motor coordination and flexibility
- Developed for those with functional movement disorders, age-related decrease in functional movement and those rehabilitating from injury
- Level 1 Programs introduce basic functional compound movements utilizing body weight, light resistance bands and dumbbells up to 5 lbs. Program focuses on building a strength base while balance, coordination and flexibility are being improved.
- Level 2 Programs introduce basic functional unilateral movements combines compound movement utilizing body weight, medium to heavy resistance bands and dumbbells up to 10 lbs. Program focuses on improving strength base while using unilateral movement to further improve balance, coordination and flexibility.
Weight Management Programs:
- Focuses on weight loss and reducing body fat
- Increases daily physical activity
- Utilizes high repetitions and compound exercises to effectively and efficiently burn calories needed to support weight loss
- Explanation of Caloric Balance, Imbalance and Deficit necessary to promote weight loss
- Explanation of Recommended Daily Values for individual dietary needs, Portion Control and Caloric Ratios
- Explanation of mobile applications that track nutrient intake and energy expenditure
- Developed for those whose primary concern is excessive weight loss
- Level 1 Programs are designed as low intensity training programs that elicit 50-60% of individual's Maximum Heart Rate. Protocols include high repetition compound exercises in specific set and rest intervals that allow the individual to maintain the intensity throughout the entire session. Sessions are capable of promoting a 50%* increase in caloric burn over typical resistance training programs.
- Level 2 Programs are increased to a moderate intensity training level that elicit 60-70% of individual's Maximum Heart Rate. Protocols include moderate to high repetition compound exercises in a specific set scheme with a low intensity aerobic component that allow an individual to maintain intensity throughout the entire session. Sessions are capable of promoting a 200%* increase in caloric burn over typical resistance training programs.
Personal Fitness Programs:
- Utilizes age-related fitness standards to evaluate physical performance
- Improve body composition by increasing lean mass and decreasing fat mass
- Increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the cardiovascular system
- Improve muscle strength and decrease muscle fatigue
- Increase functional range of motion through static and dynamic stretching
- Nutritional guidance and explanation of mobile applications used to track nutrient intake and energy expenditure
- Developed for those who want to increase strength and improve level of fitness
- Level 1 Programs are designed for beginners, those that have little recent training experience and those who are under average (<50%) in respective age related standards. Protocols include introduction to the 5 basic lifts, functional form work for compound exercises and weight training terminology. Training programs utilize high repetition compound exercises that help build a solid strength base while allowing the individual to work on proper form. Programs use a traditional strength training design. Training intensity is around 50% of Maximum Heart Rate.
- Level 2 Programs are designed for those that have progressed from Level 1 programming, those that have had recent training experience or those that are categorized as average or better (50-100%) in respective age related standards. Protocols include compound and isolation exercises as well as unilateral movement. Training programs utilize moderate to high repetitions to build strength while set and rest schemes help improve aerobic capacity. Training intensities are between 55-65% of Maximum Heart Rate. Increased caloric burn may be as much as 100%* over traditional strength training programs.
- Level 3 Programs are designed for those progressed from Level 2 training or those that have exceeded personal fitness standards. Protocols utilize high intensity strength training with low intensity aerobic activity to maximize both anaerobic and aerobic fitness while using compound, isolation and unilateral exercises to help further improve physical fitness. Training intensities are between 65-75% of Heart Rate Max. Increased caloric burn can be as high as 300%* over traditional strength training programs.
Strength and Conditioning for Sport Performance Programs:
*some restrictions may apply*
- Designed to improve athletic performance
- Injury prevention and proper mechanics
- Workouts specifically modulate conditioning, resistance and flexibility training to suit sport specific needs
- Various exercises, frequencies, volumes and rest periods for both anaerobic and aerobic training components
- Developed for those individuals looking to improve specific sports performance such as running, swimming, golf, tennis, basketball, baseball, football, soccer and many more.
- Level 1 Programs are designed to introduce specific sport related movement and training. Protocols included the use of Olympic lifts, high intensity resistance training and plyo-metrics in combination with additional components that aid in improving balance and coordination all the while improving overall strength base and power development. Typical training intensities range from 55-65% of Maximum Heart Rate. Increased caloric burn can be as high 100%* over traditional strength training programs.
- Level 2 Programs are designed to incorporate more unilateral and isolation exercises used in sport training. Protocols included traditional weight training, Olympic training and plyo-metrics to maximize strength and power development. High intensity resistance training and low to moderate intensity aerobic are combined to further improve muscular and cardiovascular performance. Some moderate to high impact jump training may be included. Typical training intensities range from 65-75% of Maximum Heart Rate. Increased caloric burn can be as high 300%* over traditional strength training programs.
- Level 3 Programs are designed to incorporate more sport specific movements to help improve balance, coordination, reaction time, agility, quickness and explosiveness. Protocols include high intensity traditional and Olympic weight training, plyo-metrics and moderate to high intensity aerobic components, cone drills, ladder drills, sprint training, footwork and jump training. Typical training intensities may exceed 80% of Maximum Heart Rate. Increased caloric burn exceeds 300%* over traditional strength training programs.
***Figures based off data from a heart rate monitor with user profile and are average intensities for the entire session.
- Heart Rate Monitor may be used during training session to calculate energy expenditure.
- User profile includes gender, age, weight and VO2max.
- Data show caloric burned based individual user profile.
- Clients can use data for energy expenditure tracking.
- Some restrictions may apply.
1476 Maplegrove Road
South Euclid, OH 44121
Monday thru Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.